Professional Knowledge, Skills and Competencies for Health & Medical Librarians
UHMLG’s annual Spring Forum is a one-day conference discussing topics of relevance to health and medical librarians, in higher education, the NHS and elsewhere. This year we will be covering topics associated with professional knowledge, skills and competencies for health and medical librarians.
Lunch and refreshments are provided, and the breaks are an excellent opportunity to meet our sponsors and network with colleagues from around the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- David Stewart, Director of Health Libraries North, Health Education England
“It’s All About You: the Professional Knowledge and Skills Base for Health”
- Kate Kelly, Director Library Services, RCSI Mercer Library, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
“MLA Review of Competencies for Health Sciences Librarians”
- Gerhard Bissels, Librarian (Bühlplatz Library), University of Bern
“Towards a Postgraduate Programme in ‘Medical Librarianship’?: Results of a Survey”
- Alison Brettle, Post Graduate Research Director, School of Nursing, Midwifery, Social Work and Social Sciences and Professor in Health Information and Evidence Based Practice, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work, University of Salford
“The Impact of Librarians in Health and Education”
- Anne Gray, Knowledge Officer, Arden & GEM Commissioning Support Unit
“Making LKS Business Critical”
This year we are introducing a Corporate Membership scheme, for organisations that agree to sponsor both our Spring and Summer events, and part of the offer to Corporate Members is advance access to a list of attendees.
Delegates: If you are happy for your name and email address to be shared with Corporate Members then please indicate this when you purchase your ticket. No information will be shared without your express permission.